|Sanitary Landfill Cell-1|
|JKUSDIP Srinagar/SWM/01 Procurement of Works of Sanitary Landfill Site Srinagar|
|Site clearance for Landfill Cells in in under progress|
|The sub-project is proposed to
hygienically and aesthetically dispose off the municipal solid waste from
Srinagar city at the existing 34 Ha landfill site and provide treatment to
collected waste leachate. The sub-project will also
extend the life of the landfill site.
The sub-project includes :
1. New 7m wide access road to main highway
2. Improvements to perimeter fencing and landscaping inside of 100m ‘no development’ buffer zone.
3. Administration office with sanitation and rest facilities for workers.
4. Weighbridge (computerised) of 50 Tonnes capacity at the entry/exit
5. Lined sanitary landfill cell development including internal approach roads
6. Mechanical and Hand equipment for waste segregation and composting
7. Spray equipment for pest repellent and disinfecting
8. Equipment workshop and garage building
9. Waste transport washing facilities
10. Leachate collection and treatment facilities
11. Improvement and administrative set-up for handling solid waste including training of staff.